Being a top communication messenger whatsapp also concentrated in security also as well if your are a new user or an existing user they are initially protected with authentication using one time password that adds more security to your account. On November 2016 Whatsapp added this optional feature Two Step Verification to improve security to your account by enabling this feature when you or some one try to access your account again must be accompanied by the Six digit PIN that your created using this feature initially.
How to Enable Two-Step Verification
- Firstly open Whatsapp>Settings>Account>Two-step verification
- Now click Enable option.
- Create and Confirm a Six-digit Pin,this will be asked when you reverify another time.
- Now enter your valid Email-id to your account to reset your account if you forgot your password and to safeguard your account (IMPORTANT).
- Confirm your Email-ID & Whatsapp never send a mail to verify.
- That’s it, Two-step verification enabled you can also change or disable you PIN later.
- You’l need to enter the Six digit pin when register your phone number with Whatsapp again.
- To help you remember, Whatsapp will ask you pin periodically.(1 time per Day ).
- Now if you or someone may try to get your account they need to enter the PIN additionally.
Important Points to Know
- Provide accurate email address,so that you are not locked out whatsapp account in case you forgot PIN.
- Whatsapp never send any email regarding Two step verification if you receive any email don’t click the link.
- If you forgotten your PIN you can reset via provided Email id.
- In case Email not given means you can’t able to reverify your account upto 7 days from last using Whatsapp.
- After 7 days you able to reverify the Whatsapp without the PIN but you will lose all pending messages upon reverifying-they will be deleted.
- If your number reverified after 30 days from last using Whatsapp without your PIN your account will be deleted permanently and you’ll need to create a new one.